Sunday, July 20, 2008

An Eggalicous weekend!


I had plans to do some cooking on the egg, and this weekend allowed me to use it for 3 days in a row.
Thursday I hit Costco for some baby Back rib. They come in a three pack. I had plans for at least one rack, so i decided that dinner Friday was going to be some ribs. I unwrapped and washed them, then rubbed them down with a thin coat of yellow mustard. Then I covered them in a heavy coat of a 50/50 secret rub and raw sugar. These then went on the egg for 5 hours with some soaked Apple wood, and were even better than last time. I made some corn on the cob from Whole Foods, and we ate like kings! The cool part was after I at, I cranked down the Egg to 190 degrees, and let it sit for about 5 hours. Saturday my close friend, Jack, would be having a birthday, so i told him, as my gift, I would make him a brisket. I kept the Egg low so I wouldn't have to relight. I added some Mesquite for smoke, and at 1:23 am, put my brisket on.









From an earlier post, you can see the Stoker log and how it dealt with the pit, keeping it around 220 +/- a degrees, unless I messed with the pit, then the fan has to adjust the temp.



When I knew I had about 5 hours left, I threw on a rack of ribs, as an added bonus to the brisket. The meat hit 185, so I pulled it and put in a cooler. The ribs were done, I made some beans then headed to my buddies house to deliver his meal. He was thrilled. I got lots of compliments, and learned alot about brisket.

Sunday was pizza day. The past week, I visited the Seattle Aquarium with my mom and the kids. It was a great day. While I was down there, we stopped in at Big Johns PFI For some Italian flour and tomato sauce. I made the dough by hand, prepped the sauce and cut some mushrooms, some ham, and some basil. It was a feast. Enjoy!



No comments: