Monday, July 7, 2008

Pizza Oven




I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July. We spent ours in P-town, enjoying good company, some great laughs, and an amazing firework show. A few years ago, my buddy decided to buy a pizza oven, and sadly it sat in the garage for some time while the logistics got worked out. Eventually he got it built and it looks fabulous. We were unable to try it, but it has revived rave reviews.

They say the Egg is a fabulous pizza oven. I have yet to try it. The unofficial "rules" are that you must burn in your egg 8-10 times before you go for the high heat cooks. The gasket can melt otherwise. So Pizza must wait. The funny thing is after my first cook, the wife brought up pizza, so I had to go into the whole pizza thing with her. We just need to buy a pizza stone to give it a whirl.

In other news, my spider in on the way. The spider allows the grid to get closer to the coals, allowing for 800-1000 degree sears. This is called the TREX method, which is supposed to be the best!



Thanks to www.eggaccessories.com for great price, service, and advice. I can't wait for it to be delivered.

No comments: